Nicholas, Sarah, Rolando, Gabrielle and Lucy in the Arabian Desert

Nicholas, Sarah, Rolando, Gabrielle and Lucy in the Arabian Desert

Thursday, May 22, 2008

I am GEMINI....Hear me ROAR!!! (The name of Lucy's future autobiography!)

Yes, you guessed it.......Today is MY Birthday - my 35th, to be exact!!! And I, too, wanted to share with you one of MY all-time favorite songs. Really, anything Bon Jovi was my favorite growing up. I've even been able to listen to his new stuff and love that, too.

Other things in my life that I have done, loved, endured, and am looking forward to are: growing up in old Baytown through hurricane Alicia, being cheerleader at Baytown's own Lee College, had my first real love who later broke my heart, received my Bachelor's Degree in Management from UH-Clear Lake, endured the loss of my beloved maternal grandmother, was the only Latina waitress at Monument Inn Restaurant in LaPorte, appearing on the local news with my nephew Jr., working as secretary at my own Catholic parish, having had a successful job with HMT out in FM 1960 for a couple of years, dancing my a@# off at Boogie Nights every chance I got til it closed down, have known the hardship and joy of commuting to and from work for one hour (one way), have been laid off from work due to price of oil in Latin America, went to my friend from India's arranged marriage in NYC (yeah, baby!), got married to a wonderful man, became a step-mom to a very adorable 6 year old named Sarah (who is now going on 15), proceeded to give birth to my own daughter, the best little girl ever (all 9 lbs. 1 oz. of her!), vacationed in the Bahamas after visiting Disney World Studios in Fla., suffered the loss of my dear paternal grandfather and attended his funeral services in Mexico with my husband and daughter, celebrated my 30th birthday by sky diving (would do it again in a heart beat, if given the chance), given birth to my son who we proceeded to name after my deceased grandfather, decided with my husband to relocate to Doha, Qatar (1 1/2 yrs. and counting), lost another grandparent, have been blessed enough to visit Milan, Paris, London, and will be touring Barcelona in the very near future....and, for the kicker, I have managed maintain some level of sanity, enjoying life, and loving everyone in it, especially my family, to the fullest!!!

Those of you who think you know me well are probably wishing you had the ability to add to all of this (scary); and those of you who don't know me that well yet, are probably (hopefully) wishing you did. ;) So, I would like to say that, if you like what you have read so far, just wait until my book comes out!!!! Because, remember, after all, I AM GEMINI, HEAR ME ROAR!!!!!


Its my life - Bon Jovi

2 comments:

Just Me said...

OMG LUCY, I'm exhausted. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHICK!!! You're still a baby....hang on to that! (Can't wait for the book!)

Mary Flores said...

Hey sis, just wanted to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, hoping you are having a good one along your beautiful family.
PLEASE CLOSE YOUR EYES AND GIVE YOURSELF A VERY BIG HUG AND kiss from me and the Flores boys, wish you were here love yal and miss yal lotttssss!!!!