Nicholas, Sarah, Rolando, Gabrielle and Lucy in the Arabian Desert

Nicholas, Sarah, Rolando, Gabrielle and Lucy in the Arabian Desert

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Half of my HEART is gone....

.....or going, that is. Let me explain. As the wife and Mother that I love being, my family is my HEART. As I sit here blogging (yes, finally, I know), one whole half of my family is on an airplane on their way to the great state of Texas for a mini-vacation. Nicholas, now a full 4 years old, and Daddy both are heading back HOME. Home: isn't that, also, what people say, is where the heart is? You get my point, I know!!



And, at this precise moment in time, I am truly OK with all of this. (Ask me later how I'm doing with it....or maybe not!) I am actually proud of myself for holding up better than I thought I would be. This IS the FIRST time Nicholas Lorenzo and I have been apart for the 2 1/2 weeks they plan on being gone; let alone, to be this far apart from one another. It really hit home when those exact words were said to me by little Nick himself. There's nothing like having a little kid tell you EXACTLY how it's going to be!!



But, leave it to my son to be oh so super excited about his trip. Of course he was! As anyone that knows him knows, this is just ONE MORE big adventure for him. And to have his Daddy all to himself is the super sweet icing on the big multi-layered cake.



So, yes, Mommy will terribly miss both he and Daddy; and big sister Gabrielle will anxiously await a phone call or two from them very soon. And, let's not forget that Doha will not be the same for us while they are gone. BUT, Roland and Nick will be having the time of their lives with our family and friends; and knowing that is what will fill my heart where the present gap exists!



Texas, here they come....aren't you LUCKY!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


HAPPY 25TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY MARTHA & SERGIO! WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH! GOD BLESS YOUR UNION AND YOUR PRECIOUS BOYS ALWAYS. WE LOVE & MISS YOU!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Just Me said...

It warms my heart to know how proud Nicholas must feel to be seated next to his daddy on the plane being "one of the guys". What a wonderful experience and I have feeling you'll really enjoy the "girls only" time. Hmmm, tea time for Gabby & Mommy?

THE GARCIAS IN THE DESERT..... said...

Sybil: You are absolutley right about my guys!! It is a proud time in all our lives for this Mommy. Gabrielle and I will most certainly be making time for tea. The best part of it all is that she can now SLEEP with Mommy in Mommy's bed once again!!!! Thanks for your sweet sentiments!