Nicholas, Sarah, Rolando, Gabrielle and Lucy in the Arabian Desert

Nicholas, Sarah, Rolando, Gabrielle and Lucy in the Arabian Desert

Monday, March 3, 2008

Qatar International Equestrian Festival 2008 - Our Mother/Daughter Event

Gabrielle knows good and well that school comes first (after God), no matter what. So it was extra special for her when I took her out of school early last Thursday to spend a very special Mother/Daughter Day Out.....yes, at the HORSE RACES!!!! Here are some pictures and the overall highlights of the event:








- Gabrielle wanted to get up so close to the horses that she even noticed that some of the horses had "haircuts"....they were very well groomed.
- I learned that she loves to bet...on the horses (and that she's good at it, even though only ONE of our horses won!)
- I also learned she's not a very good looser...something I'm sure most kids her age have a hard time with
- She loves to imitate the horses and her facial expressions are super funny
- She's slowly getting over her fear of horses (riding them, that is....this one was a baby so it was OK)
- Gabrielle makes friends easily and always seems to run into one, wherever she goes !!
- And as her school teacher has mentioned to me about her before, Gabrielle's really compassionate...(one of the horses got out of a race early and she just HAD to know if it was because it was hurt or not - I said not, of course!!)
- The Muslims really do stop and pray everywhere they go
- Gabrielle is not too keen on Belgian Waffles smothered in chocolate....surprise to me!
- We both loved our time out there so much, we did not want to leave early....made it back home @ 8PM!!
































(I must give credit where credit is due...Thank you to the Spanish Speaking Ladies Group for organizing this spectacular event! - They always seem to know how to pick them.)


1 comment:

Just Me said...

How fun that sounds! I've been wanting to do the horse races...I think about it every time I pass the tracks. I'll have to do more than think!!